2016 Evans Plunge King of the Rings and Cannonball Contest Information
September 24, 2016 | The Fun Begins at 2 PM, registration opens at 1:30 PM.
Child Participants (17 and under): $5
Adult Participants (18 and over): $10
King (or Queen!) of the Rings:
1) 6 Divisions: Boys, up to 17 years old; Girls up to 17 years old; Women 18-39; Men 18-39, Women 40+, and Men 40+
2) Each participant will have three attempts to cross the rings, we will take the best time of the three
3) The time begins the moment the participant’s hand touches the ring, the time stops when both feet are on the opposite side mat
4) There is no penalty for falling off the rings, it does count as one of the three tries
5) No skipping rings
6) To dismount from the rings, the participant must have a hand on the ring while their foot is touching the mat. No participant may “jump” from the last ring on to the mat.
7) No excessive swinging of the rings when transitioning rings (this will require longer wait times for the rings to settle for the next participant)
8) All regular swing ring rules apply
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each division
1) 4 Divisions: Boys, 100 pounds or less (honor system!), Girls 100 pounds or less, Boys 101 pounds and more, Girls 101 pounds and more
2) Each participant will have three attempts at their cannonball. For each division each participant will make their first attempt. After all have gone once, each participant will make their second attempt. After all have gone twice, each participant will then make their final, third attempt.
3) After all participants have done three cannonballs, a crowd “applause/cheering” voting method will take place until one individual is crowned as having the best COMBINED cannonball performance.
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each division